How can we imagine new applications for science and technology through the lens of art and design?
We believe that an arts-based approach to scientific thinking has the power to enrich our society by engaging our communities in important areas of scientific inquiry.
Supported by Science Sandbox, the Creative Experiments track is focused on engaging creative practitioners who are exploring artificial intelligence, robotics, biotech, digital manufacturing, and other science-based areas of research through their practice.
This year’s program will include professional development programs, mentorship, public programs and networking opportunities tailored for Creative Experiments Track participants, featuring mentors and speakers from the Science Sandbox community. At the conclusion of the year, Track members will be invited to present at an event featuring projects incubated by Creative Experiments Track members. Additionally, we are pleased to be collaborating with the MIT Media Lab Space Exploration Initiative.
• Artists, designers and creative entrepreneurs with a specific project or an early stage business or nonprofit focused on engaging the general public in areas of scientific exploration are invited to apply.
• . To be considered for the Creative Experiments Track you must have an aspect of your previous work that engages science or scientists, or a major project in progress that engages science and the arts.
• Participation in the Creative Experiments Track includes a Dedicated Desk and is geared toward people who wish to operate out of NEW INC full-time.
• Dedicated Desk: $100/month* plus a one-time $150 set-up fee + refundable security deposit of $500.
* Our Year 6 Creative Experiments Track has been generously underwritten, enabling us to offer a reduced member fee.
THE YEAR 6 APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
Header image credit: Xin Liu, Hongxin Zhang