WORK WITH US
NEW INC is the world’s first museum-led incubator, co-founded in 2013 by Lisa Phillips, Toby Devan Lewis Director, and Karen Wong, Deputy Director of the New Museum. NEW INC is a not-for-profit platform that furthers the Museum’s ongoing commitment to new art and new ideas. Entering our fifth year, we currently support 100 members working at the intersection of art, design and technology—50% of whom are women, and 50% are PoC. Member participation in the program includes either a dedicated desk or swing desk, enrollment in our professional development program and access to our rich mentor and alumni network.
Our team is small but mighty and we are looking for amazing people who share our vision to join us.
JUNIOR EVENT PRODUCER
Reporting to the the Head of Operations & Production, the Junior Event Producer is responsible for providing hands on support to the NEW INC team, and our members to deliver events, and maintain our workspace for our diverse community of 100 members working at the intersection of art, design and technology. This is a community-focused position with a strong focus on production, operations, and finance. You will work with our team and our members to ensure their needs are met across a wide range of tasks. You’ll ensure that our events our delivered to a high standard, on budget and on time, and that our space is always clean and inviting for our members, anchor tenants, visitors and staff. This is a full time, salaried position.
MORE INFO +
What you'll do:
• Responsible for providing production support on all NEW INC events, including professional development and community programs, major public facing events (demo days, annual retreat and orientation). Tasks include budgeting, timelines, team coordination, asset collection, ROS, contracts, schedules, catering and rentals, communications etc.
• Responsible for providing digital production support for all NEW INC projects including but not limited to: membership and member onboarding, open call, and other team-wide projects.
• Assist in crafting clear communications for email marketing, Squarespace, Eventbrite, Slack, and other internal and external communication tools for the purpose of events and programming.
• Assist the Head of Operations with purchasing and finance related tasks, including but not limited to: maintaining up to date and accurate financial records, filing receipts and tracking invoices, submitting check requests, managing monthly expense reports, general office purchasing, and ordering of monthly office supplies, catering and consumables for the office.
• Process member requests relevant to access, usage, and equipment including but not limited to: collaborator requests, security access, lab access, equipment rentals, etc.
• Provide front line support for our members, including being available to answer their questions, and assist in providing the resources or support they need on both a daily and long-term basis.
Who you are:
• 3-4 years relevant professional experience as a producer, project manager, production assistant or event manager.
• Experience with event production is essential.
• Fluency in G Suite and Microsoft Excel is essential.
• Familiarity with Slack and Asana (or comparable project management software), as well as Mailchimp and Squarespace is highly desirable.
• General fluency with software and hardware or a willingness to learn is required.
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects while simultaneously interfacing with our member community.
• Experience or background in customer service is highly desirable.
• Are a people person and are energized by working with a creative community
• Are a doer and a problem-solver. When presented with a challenge, you take a positive approach to overcoming it
• Are scrappy, and can get things done on your own or in collaboration with a small team with limited resources
• Are passionate about your work, and are constantly seeking to be better at what you do...because you can’t help yourself
• Can lift at least 25 lbs and are comfortable with occasional physical labor
Apply: Interested candidates should apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Junior Event Producer in the subject line. Please include a cover letter as PDF along with your CV.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted.